Fall is the pumpkin season and I love it! Can you tell? Another recipe with this delicious squash.
Today I’m sharing a low-calorie, nutrient-dense & high protein breakfast recipe.
Sounds to good to be true? Nonsense!
These pancakes have a much denser texture than traditional pancakes, but in my opinion, they are tastier and perfectly sweet without any nasty ingredients. Traditional pancakes contain white flour and sugar, which causes a blood sugar spike and hunger a few short hours later. These protein pancakes have complex carbs and are high in both fiber and protein which will gradually release sugar into your blood and keep you full.
They really are incredible, and only 265 calories for the batch! Crazy, right?!
I’m going to do my best to share a Halloween recipe in the next few days. Hope you’re having a wonderful Monday!
- ⅓ cup pumpkin purée (fresh or canned)
- ⅓ cup egg whites (can substituent for 1 egg)
- ⅓ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ scoop Vega One Vanilla Chai Nutritional Shake
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- seeds for topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a little oil in a large pan on medium heat; I used coconut oil. Using a large spoon, scoop pancake batter into pan, forming 4 palm-sized pancakes. Fry for 3 mins, flip and fry other side for another 3 mins. Serve immediately with your choice of toppings and maple syrup.