Finger foods are awesome, especially when they are healthy, guilt-free, and tasty, of course!
I stumbled upon these apple snacks on Pinterest from Shannon at The Glowing Fridge. They looked utterly delicious that I had to recreate them!
I put my own spin on the recipe and it turned out fabulous.
Makes a quick breakfast/dessert as well.
And it’s a perfect combo of fall ingredients.
You can top them with anything you have on hand. I used coconut, cacao nibs and some dried fruits.
- 4 medjool dates
- boiling water
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp pumpkin purée (fresh or canned)
- ⅛ tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 apple
- Toppings of choice: I used shredded coconut, dried cranberries, golden berries, raisins & cacao nibs
- Remove pits from medjool dates, place in a small bowl & cover with boiling water. Allow dates to soften for 2-3 mins.
- Slice apple width-wise into circular slices. I sliced my apple into 5-1/2" (1cm) slices. Place slices on a dish & sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
- Drain dates & add cold water, pumpkin purée & pumpkin spice. Using a fork, mash & combine well.
- Spread date paste onto apple slices & garnish with your choice of toppings. Serve immediately & enjoy!