The winter blues are slowly getting me down. I am ready for warmer weather, sun, and a tan! I was lucky enough to take a spontaneous trip to Florida this past weekend. It was just what I needed! The weather was beautiful, I caught up on some sleep, and read a fantastic book (The Night Circus – I highly recommend it!). Now I’m back in freezing temperatures, looking for ways to keep warm.
In the winter, I gravitate to eating warm foods for each meal, while in the summer I do the opposite (except for soup – I eat that all year round!). I’m sharing a recipe a friend passed down to me. She posted a picture of it on Instagram, and I couldn’t help but ask for it. Such an easy and colourful dish!
The recipe really can’t get any more simpler! The dressing is also very versatile. You can use it as a veggie dip, or my favourite, as a pasta sauce for zucchini noodles. Loaded with nutrients and colour, this dish will be a beautiful addition to your dining table!
- 1 head cauliflower
- olive oil
- sunflower seeds
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small handful cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Remove the leaves & stem from your cauliflower. Cut/break apart the head into smaller pieces & place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil (~1-2 tbsp) & sprinkle with a little salt. Toss the cauliflower pieces to spread the oil & salt.
- Spread cauliflower pieces in a single layer on a baking tray & roast for 30 mins, flipping & rotating the pieces halfway.
- While the cauliflower roasts, prepare the dressing. Place all ingredients in a blender & blend on high until creamy & fully combined. I used my Magic Bullet for this. Depending on your desired consistency, add more water if needed.
- Once the cauliflower is golden with brown edges, remove from oven & plate. Drizzle the dressing over the cauliflower pieces (I put some dressing in a sandwich bag, cut the corner, & piped it over the cauliflower pieces). Sprinkle with sunflower seeds & roughly chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.